My personal manifesto – a sort of mission statement!
My Manifesto – what I’ve about and what I believe in!
Did you know?
- Many people in England and Wales haven’t made a Will. There are so many reasons why that is the case – not only now but this has been the case for many years and possibly for decades.
- It’s also a fact that the average cost of a care home in the UK is £44,000 per annum (though here in Wales, it’s a bit lower about £36,000 per annum or £3,000 per month).
- According to the Co-op in 2017 over half (55%) of UK adults have made a Will in comparison to just 16% with an Lasting Power of Attorney in place. With one person developing dementia every three minutes it’s expected that over 1 million people will have the disease by 2025, emphasising the significant importance of an LPA.
Lots of people don’t even know what an LPA is – and it is really a powerful tool. In my opinion, it is frequently overcharged, which may be a reason for its low take-up.
- The average cost of a funeral in this country is £4,400 – this varies over the country, It can be more and it can be less.
- Finally, Probate. Again, there is a lot of ignorance in my experience. People don’t understand what it is and how it relates to them. You’ll know the old saying that the only things that are inevitable in this life are death and taxes. I would add probate to that list – with one very limited exception.
- There are things you can do – some are quite cheap, others may be more expensive but they all can have the effect of saving thousands of pounds – IF you give the matters enough thought and do this sooner rather than later.
YOU CAN LEAVE IT TOO LATE – ALL I’M SUGGESTING IS THINKING ABOUT THESE MATTERS.